Consultant: Sam Whatley
Salary: $140000 - $160000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are seeking an experienced veterinary practitioner to step forward for a career-defining opportunity as Veterinary Director for our 24/7 veterinary emergency and referral ASAV Accredited Hospital in Newcastle, NSW.
This is not a traditional clinical leadership role. This is a unique position for an innovative and forward-thinking leader, their position will be a leading change agent to deliver on key strategic priorities and develop their team of Vet Team Leaders and Referral Veterinarians. You will report to the Chief Executive Officer, working alongside our Nursing Director and People & Culture Director.
This is a key executive position directly accountable for veterinary professional standards, and responsible for:
- Providing professional advice to the CEO regarding veterinary leadership, workforce and governance
- Collaborating with Veterinary Team Leaders, our Nursing Director, and our People & Culture Director, to ensure an integrated clinical strategy
- Supporting clinicians and management to achieve implementation of policy, strategy and plans
- Representing the hospital and business at national and international veterinary forums
The successful candidate will be someone who fosters and supports a culture of learning, continuous improvement and innovation. This is a key professional leadership role, developing and growing a team of clinical leaders. While this is a key professional leadership role, a component of clinical practice will be expected as part of the role.
Background & Qualifications:
- veterinary degree (registerable in NSW)
- track record of success in a previous leadership position
- demonstrated leadership in an integrated model of service delivery
- postgraduate veterinary or management qualification, MANZCVSc or equivalent, highly desirable
The position offers an attractive remuneration and benefits package (>$140k pa), as well as an opportunity for career progression. Relocation expenses available to be negotiated. Sponsorship of overseas candidates will be considered.