Consultant: Sam Whatley
Job Status: Permanent / Full-time
Veterinary Nurse – Newtown, NSW – full-time position – experienced
This Veterinary Clinic, located in the Inner West region of Sydney, and situated only 15 minutes drive from CBD, are looking for an experienced full-time Veterinary Nurse to add to their current team of welcoming and supportive Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, and Support Staff!
Who will you be working with?
You will be working amongst a team of Veterinary Processionals, who love to work as a team and support one another, and also have fun whilst doing so! The hospital has up to date technology, and well-trained staff to work alongside and support you, and it is expected that a high standard of care for all patients and their owners be delivered by all.
Who will you be?
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing qualified, or equivalent with 2 years plus (post placement) experience
- Someone with exceptional animal handling skills in line with fear free guidelines (preferred)
- Someone who has the experience and ability to undertake general veterinary nursing duties including; reception; sound knowledge with Digital X-ray; triage/managing emergencies; drawing blood, running bloodwork, and using in-house IDEXX; managing the surgery flow and patients – before, during and after a procedure; and sound knowledge using RXWKS
- Someone with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Someone who has good time management and organisation/prioritisation skills
- Someone who is friendly, and able to work both independently, as well as part of a team
- Someone is able to work between the hours of 7am – 11pm (rotating with the other nurses on 8 hour shifts); as well as being able to work 1 in 4 Saturday mornings (with the following Monday off as a RDO)
What can we give you?
- Above award competitive remuneration (commensurate with experience) plus superannuation
- Working within a friendly and collaborative team environment that support each other and encourage both personal and professional growth
- A caseload with varied medical, surgical and emergency cases
- Full-time hours, with only 1 in 4 Saturday work (morning only), rotational shifts available
- Working in the vibrant area of Newtown, close to shops, cafes and lovely restaurants!
Further information, please contact Sam Whatley on (07) 5646 4079 or firstname.lastname@example.org