Consultant: Ashley Nichol
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are a multi-disciplinary teaching facility, which offers a full service general practice and referral services including medicine, surgery, anesthesia, emergency and diagnostic imaging. We service a wide catchment area and therefore see a large number of unique and interesting cases. Our well-equipped purpose built hospital offers a wide range of diagnostic, laboratory and monitoring equipment, including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, CT, extensive anesthetic monitoring equipment, ventilation capabilities, a full Idexx in-house laboratory suite and university pathology laboratory.
We are a growing hospital and we regularly expand the services we offer. We are looking for a Primary Practice Veterinarian, who is passionate and enthusiastic to learn and grow with us. We are building teams that provide exemplary patient care in a professional environment. Our goal is to secure experienced professional staff and support them with generous CE, competitive remuneration and work life balance.
Student teaching and mentorship:
Our primary role in teaching involves clinical tuition of final year veterinary students, across all our services. A passion for teaching and mentorship is a must as we pride ourselves in providing high quality new graduates to the veterinary industry. Teaching students provides the opportunity to grow both your clinical and non-clinical skills including communication, organization and self-confidence.
About the role:
The primary practice team is looking for a full time, experienced veterinarian with leadership skills and a passion for teaching. The position involves regular consulting, surgical/procedural work and in-patient hospital care, most often with a student under your wing. We are a small cohesive team operating within a larger multi-disciplinary hospital and thus both the support and case exposure can be tremendous. The successful candidate will work full time, over 4 – 4.5 days per week, with 1 week-day evening on call (though our nursing team handles triage and thus you are only ever contacted if required).
Our ideal candidate will possess –
- Veterinary science degree available for registration in Queensland
- A minimum of two years’ experience in small animal veterinary practice
- Exemplary communication skills
- Commitment to best practice medicine and a demonstrated commitment to professional development
- Experience with or a strong interest in clinical teaching
- The ability to work efficiently and independently as well as part of a cohesive like-minded team
- The desire to develop progressive practice & contribute to practice growth
- Commitment to patient centered, low-stress handling
- Compassion, positivity & an open mind.
What we can offer you
- Above award pay
- The opportunity to be part of a progressive practice with tremendous opportunity for growth
- Access to a diverse team of passionate vets & nurses with a wide range of interests and skills
- RECOVER CPR training
- Access to regular in-house discussion forums and tutorials
- Annual membership to the Vet Education online learning portal
- Access to the university library and other services.
- Annual membership to VIN
- Access to a generous yearly CPD allowance
- Support to gain further qualifications
- Two weeks paid study leave
- Paid registration and radiation license fees