Consultant: Ashley Nichol
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time / Part Time
We are a multi-disciplinary teaching facility, which offers a full service general practice and referral services including medicine, surgery, anesthesia, emergency and diagnostic imaging. We service a wide catchment area and therefore see a large number of unique and interesting cases. Our well-equipped purpose built hospital offers a wide range of diagnostic, laboratory and monitoring equipment, including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, CT, extensive anesthetic monitoring equipment, ventilation capabilities, a full Idexx in-house laboratory suite and university pathology laboratory.
We are a growing hospital and we regularly expand the services we offer. We are looking for emergency clinicians who are passionate and enthusiastic to learn and grow with us. We are building teams that provide exemplary patient care in a professional environment. Our goal is to secure experienced professional staff and support them with generous CE, competitive remuneration and work life balance.
Student teaching and mentorship:
Our primary role in teaching involves clinical tuition of final year veterinary students, across all our services. A passion for teaching and mentorship is a must as we pride ourselves in providing high quality new graduates to the veterinary industry. Teaching students provides the opportunity to grow both your clinical and non-clinical skills including communication, organization and self-confidence.
About the role:
We are currently seeking experienced full time and part time emergency clinicians to join our highly motivated ECC team. The emergency team provides optimal patient care, using quality monitoring, diagnostic and laboratory equipment. The Hospital is equipped with a range of monitors and ventilation capabilities to provide intensive care to our most critically ill patients. Low stress handling and a high level of compassion is a priority for all our patients. We place a strong emphasis on friendly client service and communication with referring veterinarians. As an emergency clinician you will have the opportunity to advance your skills and knowledge, working alongside colleagues with the same passion and drive for everything emergency.
Our ideal candidates will possess –
- Veterinary science degree available for registration in Queensland
- A minimum of three years of experience as Small Animal Veterinarian at least one of which working within the ECC sector, is preferable.
- The desire to develop progressive practice and contribute to practice growth
- The ability to work efficiently and independently
- The ability to work as part of a cohesive like-minded team
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- The desire to teach veterinary students within the clinical setting
- Commitment to the provision of optimal patient care
- Commitment to friendly informative client communication
- Exceptional record keeping
What we can offer you:
- Access to a wide range of CE opportunities
- Access to a generous yearly CPD allowance
- Support to gain further qualifications including paid memberships
- RECOVER CPR training
- Access to regular in-house discussion forums and tutorials. This includes weekly tutorials with Dr. Phillip Judge
- Access to clinical support from Dr. Philip Judge
- Access to a diverse team of passionate vets & nurses with a wide range of interests and skills
- Annual membership to VIN
- Annual membership to the Vet Education online learning portal
- Access to the university library and other services
- Five weeks annual leave (pro rata)
- Two weeks paid study leave
- Paid registration and radiation license fees
We live in a beautiful, sunny part of the world next to the tropical rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef, all without the hassle and expense of inner-city living.