Consultant: Ashley Nichol
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are a multi-disciplinary teaching facility, which offers a full service general practice and referral services including medicine, surgery, anesthesia, emergency and diagnostic imaging. We service a wide catchment area and therefore see a large number of unique and interesting cases. Our well-equipped purpose built hospital offers a wide range of diagnostic, laboratory and monitoring equipment, including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, CT, extensive anesthetic monitoring equipment, ventilation capabilities, a full Idexx in-house laboratory suite and university pathology laboratory.
We are a growing hospital and we regularly expand the services we offer. We are looking for emergency veterinary nurses who are passionate and enthusiastic to learn and grow with us. We are building teams that provide exemplary patient care in a professional environment. Our goal is to secure experienced professional staff and support them with generous CE, competitive remuneration and work life balance.
Student teaching and mentorship:
Our primary role in teaching involves clinical tuition of final year veterinary students, across all our services. A passion for teaching and mentorship is a must as we pride ourselves in providing high quality new graduates to the veterinary industry. Teaching students provides the opportunity to grow both your clinical and non-clinical skills including communication, organization and self-confidence.
About the role:
The emergency team is looking for experienced part and full time emergency nurses. Due to the nature of emergency medicine, the job description is extensive and varied; no two days are the same. We are committed to providing a high level of care to critical patients and thus have access to extensive monitoring, ventilation, diagnostic and laboratory equipment as well as a comprehensive pharmacy and library. As an emergency nurse you will have the opportunity to advance your skills and knowledge working alongside impassioned and experienced colleagues. Commitment to low stress handling, a high level of compassion, and are essential for all our emergency patients. Experience in ventilation and emergency anesthesia are desirable skills to ensure optimal care to our most critical patients. The emergency team work predominately evenings and weekends, with rosters designed to offer optimal patient care and a great work life balance
Our ideal candidates will possess –
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a veterinary nurse
- Certificate IV in veterinary nursing
- The desire to develop progressive practice & contribute to practice growth
- The ability to work efficiently and independently
- The ability to work as part of a cohesive like-minded team
- Commitment to the provision of optimal patient care
- The ability to support trainee nurses, veterinary student, and Animal Nurse Assistants
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Commitment to patient centered, low-stress handling
What we can offer you:
- Generous remuneration including penalties
- Paid registration and licenses
- Access to a wide range of CE opportunities
- RECOVER CPR training
- Access to regular in-house discussion forums and tutorials
- Access to VSPN
- Annual membership to the Vet Education online learning portal
- Access to the university library and other services
We live in a beautiful, sunny part of the world next to the tropical rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef, all without the hassle and expense of inner-city living.