Consultant: Sam Whatley
Job Status: Permanent / Full-Time
Surgical/Procedures Veterinary Nurse – Nepean, NSW – full-time position – experienced
This Veterinary Hospital, which consists of General Practice, ICU and Emergency Veterinary Services is located within the lovely Nepean region, at the base of the Blue Mountains, and just 45 minutes’ drive from the Sydney CBD. A fast-paced hospital practice, for those Veterinary Nurses who thrive on emergency work and keeping busy and challenged, although at the same time enjoy working with a friendly, and welcoming team, who work hard although also enjoy a good laugh throughout the day.
Who will you be working with?
You will be working amongst a large team of Veterinarians, Vet Nurses and Support staff, undertaking all surgical and procedures aspects of veterinary nursing, working as a team and sharing the roles within reception, surgery and the wards as required.
Who will you be?
- A Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing qualified Vet Nurse (or equivalent).
- Hold a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar surgical/procedures veterinary nursing role.
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Have the ability to problem solve and use initiative.
- Be will to receive and engaged in continuous training and education.
- Have an enthusiastic and outgoing personality.
- Have an excellent phone manner and customer service/communication skills.
- Be committed to high standards of patient care.
- Have an interest in training and mentoring junior veterinary nurses.
- Have experience using RXWorks (desire but not essential).
- Be open to regular feedback and eager for continual self-improvement.
- Availability to work between the hours of 7am – 5pm on weekdays.
- Be willing to assist with weekend shifts if required.
- Be willing to work as a team and share roles on reception, hospital, and ward when required.
What can we give you?
- Above award competitive remuneration (commensurate with experience) – with regular reviews for those Vet Nurses performing at a high standard.
- A supportive, friendly, and welcoming team environment, who enjoy a laugh throughout the work day, although at the same time work hard and collaboratively as a team unit.
- Exposure to a varied caseload of GP/Emergency/ICU presentations that will allow you to professionally develop yourself as a competent Emergency/ICU/GP Veterinary Surgical Nurse.
- Exposure to training and mentoring more junior level staff members.
- A supportive and structured Management Team who support career development and growth.
\For further information, please contact Sam Whatley on (07) 5646 4079 or firstname.lastname@example.org