Consultant: Adam Gould
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are a long established practice serving Canberra for over 30 years with an enviable staffing retention rate. We have a dedicated team of 30 staff members that achieve a high standard of care for our patients. We have a friendly workplace that provides effective management systems that support success and personal well being. We promote the joy of pet ownership and cultivate long term client relationships that are based on a high standard of care. We achieve this by investing in the well being and development of our staff. We are a progressive and busy hospital, growing by word of mouth with a large team of more than 30 members comprising of Veterinarians, Nurses, Animal Attendants and Administrative Staff. We are open six days a week (Monday – Friday, 8am – 7pm and Saturday’s 8am-3pm).
- The successful candidate will be supported in a culture of collaboration with our team of Veterinarians and support staff to provide a high standard of patient care.
- We have a modern purpose built 100% small animal hospital including access to modern equipment including digital x-ray, flexible and rigid video endoscopes, dental machine, ECG, ultrasound, pulse oximetry, doppler and PetMap blood pressure monitors and in house blood testing.
- We have an interesting surgical list with everyday including cruciates, fracture repair, desexing and dentals to name a few.
What We Offer
- Salary is above award and commensurate with experience;
- Package negotiable but includes a minimum of 4 weeks annual leave, study allowance and 1 weeks study leave;
- A full time roster averages 38 hours per week with a weekly rostered day off and no afterhours;
- Provide continuing education;
- ACT Veterinarian surgeons board registration and ACT radiation licence paid for;
- We provide an induction program to set you up for success in your role;
- We have a team of dedicated vets who collaborate, share knowledge, support and respect each other;
- Free parking.
- Lunch breaks are paid for on unbroken shifts.
Who We Need
The position is open to both graduate and experienced Veterinarians who are qualified and are able to obtain Board registration in the ACT. The successful candidate would need to have the ability to:
- Provide a high standard of patient care;
- Cultivate long term client relationships;
- Contribute positively to team culture;
- Commit to continuing education;
- Work within company policy and OH&S guidelines.
- Management skills and continuing education/specialist qualifications will be highly regarded.