Consultant: Sam Whatley
Job Status: Permanent / Full-time
Veterinary Nurse (mixed-practice) – Boorowa, NSW – full-time position
This busy family oriented Clinic, located in the small friendly town of Boorowa, only a 1.5 hour drive from Canberra, and a 3.5 hour drive from Sydney CBD, are looking for a full-time Veterinary Nurse to join their mixed-practice Clinic. Boorowa is a growing village with lots of opportunities for involvement in sport and community groups.
Who will you be working with?
You will be working amongst a team of Vet Nurses, Support Staff and Veterinarians (2 Vet Clinic – both part-time Vets), undertaking all aspects of Veterinary Nursing, within a positive and friendly family oriented team environment.
Who will you be?
- Certificate IV qualified Veterinary Nurse or equivalent, with ideally 2 years clinical experience
- Experience in monitoring and caring for hospitals patients – including surgical and hospital nursing (consultation, monitoring anesthetics, and preparing medication)
- Pre and post operative patient care experience
- Experience in admission and discharge of hospital cases
- Experience with ensuring patient records are complete and up to date using Rx Works
- Reception and client liaison experience – handling client enquiries professionally in person, by email and over the phone
- Experience in administration duties and association tasks
- General cleaning experience
- Someone with the ability, and who is comfortable to work solely or within a team
- Someone with a position attitude and commitment to our team and clients
- Someone who will be able to work alongside another nurse and support staff, and be able to take on additional responsibilities in day-to-day planning and running of the Clinic when our Head Nurse goes on maternity leave from mid 2021
What can we give you?
- Above award competitive remuneration (commensurate with experience) – 50k – 65k
- Full-time position including one Saturday morning per month
- A supportive, friendly and family oriented team environment
- Exposure to a mixed practice setting, with 60% small animals, and 40% large animals
- Working within a lovely regional area, with a nice community, although only a couple hours drive to major cities
For further information, please contact Sam Whatley on (07) 5646 4079 or email@example.com