Consultant: Sam Whatley
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time or Part Time
- Graduate or experienced, Part time or Full time
Ready for a change for the better?
Our clinic is situated in Wagga Wagga, Australia, on the magnificent Murrumbidgee River. Wagga Wagga is at the heart of the wheat and wool industry with large farms and now developing semi-rural blocks in affordable new “tree-change” suburbs and acreage homes that boast the convenience of excellent schools, new base hospital and other modern amenities within a 15 minute radius. Conveniently situated on the main train line and boast a major regional airport flying to Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne daily. The practice is just minutes from the centre of Wagga with its vibrant cafes, restaurants and shopping. The region has a prosperous food and wine industry with regular farmers markets, festivals and boutique dining opportunities. The river offers opportunities for swimming, boating, fishing and skiing. So regardless if you’re a city slicker, beach bum or a country hick at heart, your lifestyle options are covered!
5 Reasons Why this Could Be The Unique Opportunity You Have Been Hoping For:
- Extraordinary caseload and the ability to develop professionally – skyrocket your skills/knowledge/confidence
- Clients that actually value high levels of patient care and are happy to spend money
- Exceptional internal support – support staff to vet ratio of 6 to 1
- Vet mentors and University hospital close at hand for tricky cases
- Potential to earn a salary package coupled with low cost of living
An Exceptional Business
We are vibrant and progressive small animal practice with state of the art equipment. Our friendly, multiple award-winning team, services a rapidly expanding client base of dedicated pet owners. We have founded an excellent reputation in our region through providing exceptional customer service and a very high standard of veterinary care to our patients. Supporting our vets is a key priority. Our industry leading support staff ratio means there is always someone there when you need them; helping ensure extraordinary customer experience, maximising patient care and to handle those things we know that you’d rather not be doing.
The Veterinary Position
- Extraordinary Caseload Management: a hands-on role maximising patient outcomes and developing own professional skills. University teaching hospital 2km up the road for challenging cases, easy referral and ongoing case management .
- Customer Service: liaise with truly dedicated owners that want to work up cases. Clients’ needs vary greatly but have exceptional attachment to the staff and clinic, with a high level of trust in our Veterinary Medicine and Patient Care.
- Staff Relations: work with a close knit highly trained staff that are competent and commitment to efficient workflow. Team activities and community events are run monthly which involve all staff and our extended clinic family.
- Continuing Education: Extraordinary training commitment to our staff include study leave, fortnightly training, CE conference attendance and more
- Veterinary Roster: Flexible working hours, flexible case type and optional after hours. You determine the ideal working week to allow for excellent work-life balance to make working with us a dream.
The Successful Applicant
- You will be a motivated individual with the ability to approach cases in a logical manner.
- You must possess excellent communication skills and enjoy having fun while achieving results and working in a fast-paced environment.
- You must be able to pass on the good news as well as the bad, and discuss clinical diagnosis, plans and costs with clients effectively.
- You must be able to discuss cases with other veterinarians and write detailed notes that allow everyone to understand your clinical thought process.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, exceptional time management and initiative on a day to day basis.
- A Generous base salary is on offer plus achievable bonuses which could easily boost your income
- 9.5% superannuation per annum
- 4 weeks annual leave minimum, 1 week study leave and a huge training and continuing development bonus