Consultant: Sam Whatley
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are looking for a full time or part time veterinarian with more than 2 years experience who will fit well into our busy small animal practice in the Inner West of Sydney. We currently employ 5 veterinarians, a hospital manager, six veterinary nurses and three veterinary students.
The position would be well suited to a candidate with a strong medicine and consultation focus, although surgical experience with routine procedures would also be beneficial. We are looking for a veterinarian who can proficiently perform consultations and manage hospital cases to an exceptional standard – with excellent communication skills. Further education, especially in the field of medicine, will be fully supported.
We are unique in that we perform a significant amount of feline welfare work, we are proudly family owned and operated and are an integral part of the wider Concord community.
We are looking for a veterinarian who will not only fulfil the requirements listed below but will align with the mission statement which is to “provide a high level of personalised, compassionate and consistent veterinary care to all of our patients thereby fulfilling our patients and clients’ needs”.
Our ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have at least 2 years experience in small animal practice
- Be a compassionate veterinarian with a strong patient focus
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Have a strong client service focus
- Be confident with handling medicine cases through to completion
- Be able to manage hospital cases proficiently
- Be able to confidently perform consultations thoroughly and in a timely manner
- Be able to consult without set appointment times
- Be able to work confidently in a busy environment
- Have a good understanding of feline and canine medicine and a passion for animal welfare
- Be able to work in a team environment – our team is passionate about our patients, our clients and the feline welfare work we perform daily
We have two consulting rooms, a dedicated treatment room/hospital room, isolation facilities, a separate surgery and dedicated surgical recovery room. We are equipped with new wireless digital x-ray, a My Lab 5 ultrasound machine, IM3 Dental machine, IM3 Vet Tome, digital dental x-ray, dental table, blood pressure monitoring, two anaesthetic machines, IV pumps, blood transfusion equipment, ophthalmic equipment (tonometry, indirect ophthalmology, vorotek) and IDEXX Procyte and Catalyst in-house blood machines. We are fully computerised with Vetlink software.
There is no after-hours work. Weekend work is shared equally between all veterinarians and the candidate will likely work one in two Saturdays (we are closed on Sundays!) but this is flexible for the right candidate. Salary is above award, commensurate with experience.