Consultant: Adam Gould
Salary: $50000 - $90000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Our group consists of 67 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand. We currently have an opportunity available for an experienced Veterinarian who wants to combine their veterinary skills with a relaxed, laid back lifestyle by the beautiful coastline of Nowra!
Nowra is a regional centre situated on the beautiful Shoalhaven River, 160 kilometres south-southwest of the state capital of Sydney. Close to many popular natural and cultural features, Nowra’s bustling commercial centre belies the pleasant laid-back lifestyle enjoyed by locals. A foodie, nature and adventure lover’s paradise, the scenery alone is sure to leave you captivated. Please click here to learn more about our stunning location.
Our veterinary hospital is a large, purpose built veterinary clinic established in 1994, which has grown into a popular animal hospital, running entirely on solar power. The hospital is very well equipped with a dedicated orthopaedic surgery and cutting-edge surgical equipment.
The right candidate will have a commitment and passion for elevated level patient and client care and the desire to provide exemplary customer service. The perfect candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a team whilst demonstrating effective communication skills, along with having a collaborative team approach. This position is a full-time role.
What’s on offer:
- Generous remuneration (commensurate with experience) and excellent conditions
- A friendly team environment and an inspiring team
- Modern equipment and systems to allow you to focus on standards of care
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built veterinary training facilities
- Continuing education allowance and study leave
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals
What we are looking for:
- BVSc or equivalent and state based veterinary registration
- A minimum of two years’ experience with the ability to sole charge
- High standards of care with a focus on preventative health
- Exceptional client relationship building skills.
- Ability to commit to a rotational Saturday roster.
- Ability to commit to 1:3 weekends on-call.
We believe that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centre – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors.
We empower our Lead Vets and Practice Managers to run their clinics the way they see fit, providing admin support where needed. We don’t re-brand our clinics. We empower our Graduates to achieve their goals through mentoring, internships and hands on workshops. We empower our Nurses to support their teams through upskilling and team consulting. Our scale allows us to ensure our clinics are well equipped and maintained, but we still want each individual clinic to have their own personality in their communities. Our Wellness Program allows you to teach your clients about preventative healthcare and build lasting relationships.