Consultant: Ashley Nichol
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are a multi-disciplinary teaching facility, which offers a full service general practice and referral services including medicine, surgery, anesthesia, emergency and diagnostic imaging. We service a wide catchment area and therefore see a large number of unique and interesting cases. Our well-equipped purpose built hospital offers a wide range of diagnostic, laboratory and monitoring equipment, including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, CT, extensive anesthetic monitoring equipment, ventilation capabilities, a full Idexx in-house laboratory suite and university pathology laboratory.
We are a growing hospital and we regularly expand the services we offer. We are looking for a Primary Practice Veterinary Nurse who is passionate and enthusiastic to learn and grow with us. We are building teams that provide exemplary patient care in a professional environment. Our goal is to secure experienced professional staff and support them with generous CE, competitive remuneration and work life balance.
Student teaching and mentorship:
Our primary role in teaching involves clinical tuition of final year veterinary students, across all our services. A passion for teaching and mentorship is a must as we pride ourselves in providing high quality new graduates to the veterinary industry. Teaching students provides the opportunity to grow both your clinical and non-clinical skills including communication, organization and self-confidence.
About the role:
The primary practice team is looking for a full time, experienced veterinary nurse with leadership skills and a passion for teaching. Our ideal candidate is friendly and confident, possess initiative and vision, and is willing to learn and grow with our team. Exceptional client care is a priority and current knowledge in preventative and nutritional products is required. Experience with puppy pre-school, animal behavior, and feline-friendly practice would be an asset.
While some reception duties will be involved, the majority of the role is patient focused. Primary responsibilities will include patient assessment, procedural work (collection of bloods, IV catheter placement, dental scale and polishing, wound management), anesthetic monitoring and recovery, in-patient care, assistance with consultations and client liaison.
Our full time nurses generally work a 4 day week, with weekends & evenings off and no on-call responsibilities. Individuals looking for part-time work may also be considered.
Our ideal candidates will possess –
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a veterinary nurse
- Certificate IV in veterinary nursing
- The desire to develop progressive practice & contribute to practice growth
- The ability to work efficiently and independently
- The ability to work as part of a cohesive like-minded team
- Commitment to the provision of optimal patient care
- The ability to support trainee nurses, veterinary student, and Animal Nurse Assistants
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Commitment to patient centered, low-stress handling
What we can offer you:
- Generous remuneration, above award
- Paid registration and licenses
- Access to a wide range of CE opportunities
- RECOVER CPR training
- Access to regular in-house discussion forums and tutorials
- Access to VSPN
- Annual membership to the Vet Education online learning portal
- Access to the university library and other services
We live in a beautiful, sunny part of the world next to the tropical rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef, all without the hassle and expense of inner-city living.