Consultant: Ashley Nichol
Salary: $70000 - $120000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
FULL TIME EXPERIENCED VETERINARIAN
We are looking for an Experienced Veterinarian with a minimum of 2 years’ experience, to start in January 2020.
Minimum of 38 hours per week with potential for more during holiday cover. Rotating roster with alternating Saturdays, 3-day weekends and after hours on-call services.
Our clinic is very fast paced, busy and has extremely varied cases. We have high surgery loads, high client demand and a large variety in day to day tasks.
We opened in 2016 and have quickly grown into one of the most well-known clinics in Townsville. We are a small team currently consisting of two vets, have a total of 6 nurses and are also looking to add a practice manager.
Our main focus is customer service and catering to our clients. We have a very practical approach and our clients are a part of our big family rather than just a number.
We are offering:
• State of the art equipment including Digital X-Ray, brand new Ultrasound, and in-house biochemistry and haematology.
• Separate isolation, dog and cat wards, theatre, x-ray room, dental and knockdown areas and recovery/critical care area
• Support from a well-respected and experienced veterinarian who performs a large variety of surgeries, including; soft tissue surgery such as soft palate/nares and anal gland resection, and a large variety of orthopaedic surgeries such as TTA’s, FHO, patella surgery and fracture repair.
• The opportunity to be involved in a large variety of cases
• Exciting and fast paced working environment, with continuous growth and development opportunities
• Ensured work/life balance with generous annual leave and flexibility with rosters to suit your lifestyle
• Above award Salary from $70 000 – $120 000, dependent on the suitable applicant’s skills and experience
• Whilst we seek to source applicants who meet the above criteria and skill set, alternative applicant’s and new graduates may still be considered. In these cases, the base salary is subject to change to suit.
The suitable candidate will have:
• must have a Veterinary science degree available for registration in Queensland.
• a desire to achieve excellent in-patient care and be involved in many of the hospital/medicine cases.
• a positive can-do attitude and a good sense of humour.
• excellent communication & teamwork skills.
• a high level of commitment to client service.
• must be competent in routine surgical procedures.
• the ability to work in all areas of the clinic including consulting, imaging, medicine and surgery.
• the ability to work independently, efficiently and confidently but also a willingness to ask for assistance when required.
• a willingness to work as a team player to build a practice that prides itself on providing the very best care for its patients and clients.
• The ideal candidate will be committed to a long-term career position.
Bottom line is, you won’t have time to be bored and you’ll see some pretty cool stuff. So, if you’re ready for a fast-paced challenge, come join us!