Consultant: Ashley Nichol
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are a multi-disciplinary teaching facility, which offers a full service general practice and referral services including medicine, surgery, anesthesia, emergency and diagnostic imaging. We service a wide catchment area and therefore see a large number of unique and interesting cases. Our well-equipped purpose built hospital offers a wide range of diagnostic, laboratory and monitoring equipment, including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, CT, extensive anesthetic monitoring equipment, ventilation capabilities, a full Idexx in-house laboratory suite and university pathology laboratory
We are a growing hospital and we regularly expand the services we offer. We are looking for an Emergency Veterinary Team Leader who is passionate and enthusiastic to learn and grow with us. We are building teams that provide exemplary patient care in a professional environment. Our goal is to secure experienced professional staff and support them with generous CE, competitive remuneration and work life balance.
Student teaching and mentorship:
Our primary role in teaching involves clinical tuition of final year veterinary students, across all our services. A passion for teaching and mentorship is a must as we pride ourselves in providing high quality new graduates to the veterinary industry. Teaching students provides the opportunity to grow both your clinical and non-clinical skills including communication, organization and self-confidence.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced ECC Veterinarian to lead and grow our Emergency and Critical Care Service. Your clinical time allows you to provide optimal care to patients and clients, whilst providing clinical tuition to 5th year veterinary science students. The ECC Team Leader also offers clinical mentorship to other ECC veterinarians and nurses. You will participate in regular Team Leaders meetings to continually improve practice standards, develop the ECC service and contribute to the development of other services. Continuing education is important to us so we can provide optimal care to our patients and provide a high standard of clinical teaching to students. The ECC team leader is responsible for organizing journal clubs, clinician rounds and tutorials for ECC veterinarians.
Our ideal candidates will possess –
- Veterinary science degree available for registration in Queensland
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as Small Animal Veterinarian at least two of which working within the ECC sector.
- Membered (or equivalent) in emergency and critical care
- Exemplary leadership, communication skills and organizational skills
- The desire to develop progressive practice and contribute to practice growth
- The ability to work efficiently, independently and as a part of a cohesive like-minded team
- The desire to teach veterinary students within the clinical setting
- Commitment to the provision of optimal patient care
- Commitment to friendly informative client communication
- Exceptional record keeping
What we can offer you
- Access to a wide range of CE opportunities
- Access to a yearly CPD allowance
- Leadership support and training
- RECOVER CPR training
- Access to regular in-house discussion forums and tutorials. This includes weekly tutorials with Dr. Phillip Judge
- Access to clinical support from Dr. Philip Judge
- Access to a diverse team of passionate vets & nurses with a wide range of interests and skills
- Annual membership to VIN
- Annual membership to the Vet Education online learning portal
- Access to the university library and other services
- Five weeks annual leave (pro rata)
- Two weeks paid study leave
- Paid registration and radiation license fees
- The opportunity to actively contribute to the growth of the service and the hospital
We live in a beautiful, sunny part of the world next to the tropical rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef, and without the hassle and expense of inner-city living.