Shelter Veterinarian, Sydney Outer West

Location: Kemps Creek  |  New South Wales  |  Australia
Sector: Vets
Consultant: Sam Whatley
Job Reference: KEMPSC
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
About us
We are a not for profit organisation that cares for surrendered, neglected and abandoned animals and gives them a second chance at life. Located in a beautiful setting in Kemps Creek, our veterinary clinic is a 10 minute drive from the Elizabeth Drive exit off the M7. We are a busy small animal practice, servicing the rapidly growing local area as well as our animal shelter.

An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven, efficient and capable Veterinarian to join the vet services team at our Kemps Creek Shelter. This position provides the opportunity for a veterinarian with a strong interest in small animal medicine and surgery, shelter medicine and animal welfare to work in a hospital with a large and varied case load. This is your opportunity to make a real difference to the welfare of companion animals!

About the role
The hospital is a busy practice based alongside the Animal Shelter, which accepts surrendered, abandoned and neglected animals. You will be working within a small but dedicated team of Vets
and Vet Nurses. The Clinic operates 7 days, therefore there is a requirement to work one weekend per month on a rotating basis. 60% of the job will be providing services to private clients, the other 40% will be supporting the shelter.
Our hospital is equipped with digital x-ray, in-house blood analytics, ultrasound, IM3 dental equipment and dental x-ray.

About you
The veterinarian we are seeking will possess the following:
• A veterinary qualification registered with the Veterinary Surgeons Board of NSW
• At least 3 years’ experience in veterinary practice with high level of small animal medical and surgical skills
• Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement, process development and/or business development
• Demonstrated understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Experience in dealing with a high volume case load
• Be resilient and compassionate
• Current and valid unrestricted Australian Driver’s license 

Why join us?
• A competitive salary and remuneration package commensurate with experience
• a supportive culture in a semi-rural setting
• a real opportunity to save lives and make a difference

This is an immediate start so don’t wait and apply now!