Consultant: Sam Whatley
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Senior Veterinary Nurse (Full-time) x 2 positions – Illawarra, South Coast, NSW
This family owned Practice, consisting of two Veterinary Hospitals located in the Illawarra/Wollongong region of the South Coast, NSW are currently looking for 2 Senior Veterinary Nurses to join their large and supportive team. The beautiful South Coast, with it’s glistening beaches, is just a 1.5 hour drive from the Sydney CBD, and houses the perfect lifestyle for that work-life balance.
Who will you be working with?
You will be working amongst a team of experienced Veterinarians (9), as well as Veterinary Nurses, and committed support staff. The hospital supports a culture of collaboration across all roles, and strive to provide exceptional clinical care to each patient, and outstanding and supportive service to all clients. Furthermore, the Senior Nurse position works closely with the Veterinary Director, and Veterinary Team to manage and provide support with their case load.
Who will you be?
- Certificate IV qualified Veterinary Nurse or equivalent, with ideally 3 years plus clinical experience
- Someone who is able to prioritize daily tasks, surgeries, and treatments to ensure smooth running and efficient operation of the Hospital
- Someone who has the ability to assist in the management of client engagement and communication
- Someone who leads by example with commitment to quality medicine and compassionate patient care – providing direction to other staff to help them achieve the same standards
- The ability to provide guidance, advice and support to the Nursing team, including Learning & Development opportunities
- A Veterinary Nurse with experience in all aspects of Veterinary Nursing including; nurse only consults, giving advice on parasite prevention, restraining patients for examination and treatment, customer service, medications, triage for walk in emergencies, monitoring anaesthesia, cytology, pathology, assisting with surgical procedures, pre- and post operative surgery preparation and care, Cleaning and sterilization of equipment, and wound management.
- Someone who works in accordance with the practices WH&S guidelines – ensuring safe work practices are followed
What can we give you?
- Above award competitive remuneration (commensurate with experience)
- Full-time position – including a four day working week (10 hour shifts), and maximum one in three weekends (one day) with only three working days the following week after working the weekend
- Working in a Senior position and gaining further experience assisting with mentoring junior nurses, and assisting with the operational tasks of the hospital
- Working within a large, experienced, supportive, and positive team environment who value team work and collaboration
- Working within a clinic with fantastic facilities and equipment including the latest digital x-ray, dental x-ray, high quality ultrasound, endoscopy, in house blood machines, an underwater hydrotherapy treadmill, laser therapy unit, acupuncture, and many other great tools to help provide the best care to patients
- Working in the beautiful South Coast region of NSW, near lovely beaches, with a peaceful community and culture
For further information, please contact Sam Whatley on (07) 5646 4079 or email@example.com