Consultant: Adam Gould
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Our client is a small family owned clinic located in Brisbane West. It is a friendly clinic who prides itself on the family vibe within the staffing team. The surgery has been privately owned for 20 years & offers an array of clinical and surgical cases. The clinic is fast paced and busy with a few quiet catch up days in between. The clinic is open 6 days a week, from 8am to 6:30pm and closing at 2pm on Saturdays.
We are currently looking for someone with a minimum of a year experience. They will need to have drive & passion, and love what they do. They will need to be able to work un-assisted at times and be able to prioritise their workload. They will also need to have good customer service skills, with compassion for all clients and patients who walk through the door.
Specific Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Admitting & discharging patients from surgery
- General Reception duties, including answering phones and booking appointments
- Providing specific product advice to clients
- Monitoring patients during and after surgery
- Placing catheters, taking bloods & performing simple calculations and other laboratory tests (e.g. blood smears, urinalysis, ear smears) Able to recognise and perform when general hospital cleaning is needed.
- Perform nursing consults
- Supervise junior kennel hands
- Take direction from Senior staff members
We are looking for someone who is Passionate about their work and is hard working. You must be confident and be able to work unassisted. You must have great phone manner and client communication skills. You must be willing to take direction from other senior staff members. You must have a minimum of one (1) year experience within a vet clinic. This position is not any entry level position. We are looking for someone who has a team player attitude and wants to be apart of a family.