Consultant: Ashley Nichol
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Our clinic is based in the greater Wellington region, with the capital city only a 15-minute drive away. We have recently moved into a purpose built 400m2 clinic with a spacious ultrasound suite, endoscopy, top end digital radiography, two sterile and one non-sterile theatre. We have a solid reputation for top quality service and a strong referral base from clinics throughout Wellington, the Kapiti Coast and Wairarapa.
We offer exceptional veterinary care delivered in the form of:
- A residency trained (fellowship credentialled) Veterinarian running the referral surgical service;
- A member qualified Senior Medicine Vet running the referral medicine and imaging service; and
- An in-house feline medicine specialist, with visiting imaging and dermatology specialists at our sister clinic and referral dental services;
- Full & Part time Veterinarians experienced in everyday Veterinary care;
- Graduate Veterinarians mentored by our experienced team to ensure sustainability;
- Valued nurses unparalleled in their commitment & expertise;
- A supportive and Efficient Administration team
About the role:
We are seeking a Veterinarian with surgical experience, including orthopaedics, to join our wonderful team. Work – life balance is important to us! We have no afterhours as there is a dedicated afterhours clinic in Wellington. Hours of work for this position are negotiable for the right candidate, full time is preferable. Salary is competitive.
What we can offer you:
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Continuing education allowance and study leave per annum
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals in New Zealand
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
- Sponsorship and a Visa for you and your dependants, if applicable.
What you can offer us:
- BVSc or equivalent, membership of the ANZCVSc (or its equivalent) and registration to practice in New Zealand
- A minimum of 4 years’ practical experience with leadership capabilities
- Exceptionally high standards of care with a proactive and accountable attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- Ability to contribute to a small amount of on-call for Police Dog whelping’s (with generous remuneration).
We are a group of 100 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand.
What makes us different?
We believe that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through keeping our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors.