Consultant: Ashley Nichol
Salary: $60000 - $70000
Job Status: Permanent / Full-Time
Senior Emergency Veterinary Nurse – Lilydale/Ringwood (Outer Melbourne), VIC – full-time position
This busy emergency hospital are locally owned and operated and pride ourselves in giving our clients the best service, and their pets the best treatment available. We are looking for a Senior Veterinary Nurse who is qualified and driven, with a keen interest in Emergency work, to join our team at Lilydale/Ringwood to work collaboratively with our current Nursing and Veterinary team.
Who will you be working with?
You will be working in an emergency veterinary hospital amongst a team of Vet Nurses, Support Staff and Veterinarians who whilst being professional, are also able to have a laugh and enjoy themselves whilst being at work! We will encourage skill development and professional development opportunities, and as a team will encourage and support you in your daily practice.
Who will you be?
- Certificate IV qualified Veterinary Nurse or equivalent, with ideally 4 years clinical experience
- Experience in a Team Leader/Nursing Manager/Senior Veterinary Nursing role, where you will be responsible for our trainee nurses, and for training of new staff up to the required standards
- Someone who is proactive, reliable, organised, and who can work well as part of a team, providing the highest quality of care to all patients
- Someone who can prioritise workload without compromising patient care
- Someone with exceptional interpersonal skills, product knowledge of common products, ability to recommend, as well as being able to empathize with clients
- Someone with sound knowledge of using general clinic equipment, who is computer literate, and who can demonstrate common sense
- A Veterinary Nurse with the ability to attend to general nursing duties including; admissions, reception, stock maintenance, assisting with major surgeries and consultations, some cleaning, ensuring hygiene standards are maintained, medication control, assisting with vaccinations and anesthetic treatments/checks, and pre and post operative procedures
What can we give you?
- Above award competitive remuneration (commensurate with experience) – 60k – 70k plus superannuation
- Working as part of our clinic family, whilst having fun at work (a sense of humor is appreciated and welcomed)
- We can assist with AVE students, as well at with Visa and Sponsorship candidates
- Full-time position including one Saturday morning per month
- The opportunity to learn and demonstrate new skills, and encouragement to continue with professional development as needed and desired
For further information, please contact Ashley Nichol on (07) 5646 4080 or firstname.lastname@example.org