Consultant: Sam Whatley
Job Status: Permanent / Full-time
Practice Manager or Customer Relations Manager and Receptionist – Kellyville, NSW (Full-time)
This well-establish Veterinary Hospital located in the Northwestern suburbs of Sydney, boasts a great lifestyle with lovely schools, parks and amenities. The practice has a high standard of care and a great client base, and are looking to add a new team member to their Hospital to assist in the daily running, customer service management, and general management of the Practice. Whether you are looking for a Practice Manager role, or a Customer Service Manager/Head Reception role, the practice are flexible in creating the right role for you.
Who will you be working with?
You will be working within a fantastic team of Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses and Support staff in a clinic that practice a high standard of care in medicine and surgery, and who house a great array of state of the art equipment and facilities, including a CT Scanner.
Who will you be?
- Someone who prides themselves on exceptional patient care and customer service
- An industry experienced manager who is able to support the leadership of the Hospital if you are interested in the Practice Manager role
- Someone with animal handling skills
- Someone with RX works experience is preferable, or the ability to learn
- Someone with the ability to supervise and work in the front-line reception at the practice
- Someone who has the ability to manage the customer service requirements of the business
- Someone who is keen to move into a Vet Practice Management role
- Someone with good team management skills, and who demonstrates a level of personal resilience
- Someone with good prioritization skills, who is punctual, and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
What can we give you?
- Above award competitive remuneration, commensurate with experience
- A work schedule that is flexible, with a potential option to work from home for some of your duties
- Support with your position through continued professional development (CPD) on management skills, allowing for career progression
- Working with a fantastic experienced team of high competent veterinarians and veterinary nurses, who deliver exceptional patient and customer care
- Working collaboratively with a friendly team of veterinary professionals who celebrate each other’s successes and support each other on a daily basis
For further information please contact Sam Whatley on (07) 5646 4079 or firstname.lastname@example.org