Consultant: Sam Whatley
Job Status: Permanent / Part Time
We’re looking for an experienced nurse to join our team with an immediate start available for the right candidate. We are a purpose-built, modern hospital and the successful candidate will be working in a stimulating environment alongside a team of experienced and highly trained veterinarians, caring veterinary nurses and dedicated receptionists and support staff.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Not enough challenge in your usual Vet Nursing job?? Well, this might be JUST the change you need! We are searching for an experienced qualified veterinary nurse to join us in the quest of caring for the Capital’s sick and injured!
You will be working in our purpose-built general practice hospital with our team.
All the cool stuff like oesophageal foreign bodies, surgeries and complicated procedures will be a normal day at the office, as well as dental work and general nursing, as well as an occasional reception shift from time to time.
- The workload is busy, challenging and varied
- We encourage staff to follow their fields of interest
- We support continuing education and VNCA membership
- Team work is highly valued
- Remuneration is above-award according to qualifications and experience
- No after hours – we have an onsite, independent Emergency service with whom we work very closely, meaning the hospital is open 24/7, 365 days a year but our staff do not have to work after hours, Sundays or public holidays!
- We are in an excellent location & we offer excellent staff facilities, including a full-size kitchen and large, sunny staff room.
This is a Permanent Part-Time Role. Working hours are rostered between the hours of 7:00 to 19:30 Mondays – Fridays and 8:00 to 16:30 on Saturdays. It is a requirement to be available to work Saturdays on rotation with other nurses (i.e. not every Saturday). The working hours can be between 20 -38 hours per week and can be discussed in further detail with interested candidates.
The ideal candidate has
- Qualification in Veterinary nursing
- Minimum 1-year experience working as a veterinary nurse
- exceptional customer service skills
- high emotional intelligence
- excellent time management
- excellent attendance record and reliability
- the ability to work varied tasks that are constantly interrupted, yet concluded
- the ability and confidence to handle many types of small animals, up to large dogs
- communication skills to communicate with all personality types and remain professional at all times even under stressful situations
- great team work approach and professionalism to strengthen the team
- willingness to make a long-term commitment to the role