Consultant: Sam Whatley
Job Status: Permanent / Full-Time
Mixed Practice Veterinarian – Central West NSW – full-time position – graduate level to experienced
This Veterinary Clinic that currently operate 3 Practices in Coolah, Coonabarabran, and Merriwa provide genuine mixed practice services to the local community, with a strong focus on livestock medicine and production work. A perfect introduction for new or recent graduates to gain valuable experience in all aspects of small animal, livestock veterinary medicine and equine practices, and for more experienced Veterinarians, a role to be tailored towards any preferences in a particular area of mixed-practice if desired.
Who will you be working with?
You will be working amongst a medium team of Veterinarians (5-6 Vets), Vet Nurses and Support staff, undertaking genuine mixed practice services including; beef cattle production, pregnancy testing, bull testing, AI, herd health, disease investigations, obstetrics, small animal work, equine work, and an increasing case load of sheep work.
Who will you be?
- A Qualified Veterinarian from graduate level to experienced, who has a keen interest in genuine mixed practice services – small and large animal caseload (50/50)
- Someone with a friendly and laid back persona, who works well within a close tight knit team
- Someone who is keen for strong mentorship and training, who would like to commence their veterinary career in a truly genuine mixed practice setting OR if experienced, someone who would like to expand and further develop their mixed practice skillset with a diverse caseload
- Someone with high level communication and interpersonal skills with both colleagues and clients
- Commitment to providing optimal patient care
What can we give you?
- Above award competitive remuneration (commensurate with experience) – 55k – 120k, plus super, and generous after hours remuneration
- AVA membership, continuing education support and allowance, phone allowance, and rental assistance if required
- Working for a truly mixed practice with a great diverse caseload to gain experience in a wide array of areas
- For new and recent graduates – the chance to ease into practice by accompanying senior veterinarians for as long or short a period as you feel comfortable with – high level training and mentorship provided
- A fun, laid back and flexible workplace
- The chance to live and work in a beautiful part of rural NSW in a small but vibrant close knit community that still has the benefits of larger nearby centres (Mudgee/Dubbo/Tamworth)
- Plenty of toys and equipment including small and large animal ultrasound, 4 x Easiscan Preg-testing ultrasounds, CR & DR x ray systems, iM3 dental station, multi-parameter anaesthetic monitor, full equine dental kit including portable crush, bull testing gear and much more
For further information, please contact Sam Whatley on (07) 5646 4079 or firstname.lastname@example.org