Consultant: Sam Whatley
Salary: $60000 - $120000
Job Status: Permanent / Full-Time
Mixed Practice Veterinarian – Bega, NSW – Full-time – graduate level to experienced (graduate friendly)
Based in the beautiful far south coast region of NSW, this rapidly growing family owned hospital are looking for a Veterinarian with a genuine interest in working in a true rural mixed practice, consisting of a 50% large animal caseload (mostly dairy cattle – 30%, and equine – 20%, and some alpaca and sheep work), and 50% small animals.
Who will you be working with?
You will be working amongst a team of 12 Veterinarians across their two hospitals, consisting of experienced veterinarians, associate level vets, and new graduates. You will also have the support of experienced Veterinary Nurses and other operational staff members to assist you along the way.
This purpose build modern facility is equipped with everything you would expect for high quality diagnostic work in both large and small animals, including full IDEXX in house lab, digital radiology, dental machine, endoscopy, small and large animal ultrasounds, equine power floats, and onsite large animal facilities with a stable, round yard, and equine porta-stock trailer.
The location and community are well known for it’s Bega Cheese, although the entire Sapphire Coast is also known for it’s pristine beaches, and lovely coastal and recreational community. Furthermore, just a 2.5 hour drive from Canberra, and the snowfields, make Bega a prime location for that great work-life balance.
Who will you be?
- A Qualified and registered Veterinarian who ideally has around 2-3 years plus experience in either mixed practice, or small animal practice with an interest in mixed practice OR a graduate veterinarian (as the practice are also graduate friendly)
- Someone who enjoys working with a mixed practice case load, consisting of Dairy Cattle, Equine, Alpacas, Sheep, and small animals (with an interest or experience in cattle pregnancy testing)
- Someone who is keen to work for a true rural mixed-practice, whilst being close enough to the City of Canberra, and the beautiful Sapphire Coast
- Someone who is a hard worker, although also enjoys some fun and laughter – having a good work-life balance, and being able to contribute as a supportive and friendly team member
What can we give you?
- Above award competitive remuneration (commensurate with experience) – 60k – 120k – plus Super, phone allowance, CPD allowance, and after-hours remuneration
- A great varied caseload including small animal work, and large animals, within a flexible work place to tailor the mix of work to your interest and experience level
- Working a 38 hour work week, over a 4 day working week, with some after hours work requirements, and shared weekend work
- Working within a large mixed-practice hospital with a supportive and collaborative team who support professional growth and development
For further information, please contact Sam Whatley on (07) 5646 4079 or firstname.lastname@example.org