Consultant: Adam Gould
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
The invitation is out to come and join us at Sorell Veterinary Centre. Sorell is located 20 minutes out of Hobart and 10 minutes from the airport. The area is rapidly growing with another estate being built with 180 more houses only 2 minutes away from the clinic.
Tasmania has amazing array of things on offer and right at your doorstep – snow skiing, surging, fishing, bush walking, and camping for the adventurous or the many wineries, restaurants and cafes if relaxing is more your style.
Our clinic currently has 3 vets, 5 nurses and a practice manager. We are looking for an experienced vet that would be interested in buying into the business to replace a retiring vet. He will be available to mentor a junior vet if required.
The current case load is 95% small animals with the occasional large animal visit.
Our team is fun, experienced and dynamic. We are looking for someone that enjoys the challenges of being a veterinarian, loves a great team environment, enjoys a joke and is always committed to offering the best service to both patient and client.
We offer a complete range of veterinary services, with modern facilities, purpose built <4 years ago. Equipment as would be expected in small animal practice: including digital xray, Idexx etc.
The job consists of a 5-day week (on average) or can be 4 day if required.
Opening hours 8:30am – 5:30pm
NO AFTER HOURS and 1 or 2 Saturdays per month 9am – 12pm
Skills & Experience:
- Be rostered onto the surgery rotation as well as the consultation shift is essential.
- Consultations are run using a “consultation nurse” and expected to be run on time with a fully booked morning or afternoon block.
- Canine and feline cases are 99% of the case load.
- A standard range of presentations occur, from vaccinations, lameness to dermatology etc.
- In house cytology and haematology are strongly encouraged.
- The level of surgical expertise expected is to be capable of most regularly occurring procedures.
- This includes most soft tissue surgeries, a variety of abdominal procedures and a good standard of dentistry.
- Some experience in thoracic and orthopaedic surgery is an advantage.
- Senior veterinarians are available for assistance.
- The hours will be 4 days per week average. This will be between 8:30am and 5:30pm on only four days, Monday to Friday, with the occasional Saturday from 9:00am to 12.00pm.
- Continuing education is strongly encouraged and areas of increased knowledge are supported by internal referral. Paid study leave is included in your package.
- A strong sense of team work is expected with all veterinarians working together and sharing ideas and cases to provide the best possible care for our patients.
- A well-educated and dedicated Cert IV nursing team provide excellent non-veterinary support.
Temporary accommodation can be arranged if you are relocating from interstate whilst you settle in. This is an interesting a varied role and we encourage you to apply. P
What we are looking for:
- An experienced and confident Vet Surgeon, capable of case leadership.
- Sole charge and leadership skills, or the drive to become a leader as a Senior member of the team.
- Exceptionally high standards of care with a proactive and accountable attitude.
- Exceptional client relationship building skills.
- Management & IT skills.
- Opportunity to manage or to buy into the practice.
What we are offering:
- NO AFTER HOURS
- Clinic Hours 8.30-5.30 Mon – Fri, Sat 9-12.00
- Experienced surgeon available to come to clinic on demand
- Ability to work as own boss
- Salary negotiable to $150,000 depending on hours worked.