Consultant: Ashley Nichol
Job Status: Permenant / Full Time
An exciting opportunity exists for two Lead Veterinarians to take the reins at our well-established, fast-paced clinics in Christchurch.
As part of a two-vet team within a wider seven-vet network, you will have access to great facilities including in-house laboratory, digital x-ray, ultrasonography, CT scanner and emergency and critical care equipment. The clinics are, Best Practice Accredited, general & referral hospital St Albans, Parklands, Riccarton and Halswell. All clinics are blessed with a passionate and committed team of experienced veterinarians and very willing nurses. You will also be working with excellent and experienced Practice Managers.
- An excellent salary commensurate with experience and skill-set
- Bonus scheme, relocation assistance or sponsorship if required
- Annual study allowance and study leave, as well as registrations and NZVA membership,
- Regular development opportunities with hands-on workshops in a range of topics, from imaging through to orthopaedic surgery, through our Veterinary Training Centres.
What we’re looking for:
- An experienced and confident Veterinarian, capable of team and case leadership
- Sole charge and practice management skills, with ability to manage the overall clinic workload
- Exceptionally high standards of care with a proactive and accountable attitude
- BVsc or equivalent and registration to practice in New Zealand.
We believe that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centre – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors.
We empower Lead Vets and Practice Managers to run their clinics the way they see fit, providing admin support where needed. We don’t re-brand our clinics. We empower our Graduates to achieve their goals through mentoring, internships and hands on workshops. We empower our Nurses to support their teams through upskilling and team consulting. Our scale allows us to ensure our clinics are well equipped and maintained, but we still want each individual clinic to have their own personality in their communities. Our Wellness Program allows you to teach your clients about preventative healthcare and build lasting relationships.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get on board with a progressive and passionate network of veterinarians, who really believe in making a difference in the lives of pets, pet parents and the profession itself.