Consultant: Adam Gould
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time or Part Time
Are you an amazing and dedicated Equine Veterinarian? Are you tired of the notion that to practice high quality and rewarding equine medicine/surgery you have to live somewhere that is a dustbowl during summer and/or freezing cold in winter?
Have you ever wanted to be able to work in Australia’s lifestyle capital, only minutes from the beach, but still be able to satisfy your professional needs and achieve your career goals?
An opportunity has recently become available at our clinic. We are searching for two very special people to join and expand our team in this vibrant and exciting part of the world.
One candidate will need to be competent with all aspects of routine racetrack work and the other ideally would have some existing equine clinical practice experience, whether that be a previous internship or general practice experience.
- You must be committed to offering top shelf veterinary care. Ideally you will have your own special interests which you wish to pursue through further learning or higher education.
- You pride yourself on developing long lasting client relationships built on professionalism, trust and respect.
- You are passionate about educating your clients to be the very best horse owners they can be. It is expected that clients will love you and you will develop a strong client following.
- Compassion, empathy and gratitude are qualities that you possess in boundless quantities, however you are a strong person and have the courage and experience to make the right decisions in difficult circumstances and sometimes under a great deal of pressure.
- You are a highly organised and efficient individual, but can adapt readily to the random haphazardness that, as horse vets, tends to dictate our working days.
- You are that rare breed of person who has a fierce work ethic and who strives for perfection but is laid back enough to take things in their stride and have a bloody good laugh along the way.
- You strive to lead a fit and healthy lifestyle and you love who you are, where you are at in life, and where your career is taking you professionally.
- You are ultimately a happy and very likeable individual and this is reflected in your referee reports from previous places of work. You have personality and drive to invigorate other staff members through your exceptional communication skills. You understand the importance of fitting into a team dynamic and pulling your weight.
- Experience and enthusiasm in the field of sports horse medicine would be an advantage but by no means a necessity.
- You must have an extensive horse handling background.
So that’s it. That’s all we are after; the perfect equine vet, nothing more!
A little about the clinic..
We service a large racing, sport and pleasure horse population in the Gold Coast region and provide primary and referral veterinary services to horse owners in south-east QLD and northern NSW. Our practice is equipped with all manner of techno toys including digital x-ray units, video endoscopes (including dynamic endoscopy and gastroscopy), shockwave, arthroscopy, ultrasound etc.
A generous remuneration package is offered including above award salary based on experience and qualifications, after hours bonuses, conference/continuing education allowance, telephone and fully serviced 4WD vehicle.
We are ideally looking for a full time member of the team but will consider flexibility around this for the right candidate. The position commences as soon as we find the right person.
All enquiries will be held in confidence.
To apply, contact Adam Gould at email@example.com or call 07 5646 4077