Consultant: Samantha Whatley
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Emergency Veterinary Nurse (daytime hours) – Nepean, NSW – full-time position – experienced
This Veterinary Hospital, which consists of General Practice, ICU and Emergency Veterinary Services is located within the lovely Nepean region, at the base of the Blue Mountains, and just 45 minutes’ drive from the Sydney CBD. A fast-paced hospital practice, for those Veterinary Nurses who thrive on emergency work and keeping busy and challenged, although at the same time enjoy working with a friendly, and welcoming team, who work hard although also enjoy a good laugh throughout the day.
Who will you be working with?
You will be working amongst a large team of Veterinarians, Vet Nurses and Support staff, undertaking all clinical aspects of emergency veterinary nursing, working as a team and sharing the roles within reception, surgery and the wards as required.
Who will you be?
- A Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing qualified Vet Nurse (or equivalent).
- Hold a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar veterinary nursing role.
- Be available and willing to work regular early morning and/or afternoon/evening shifts during the week and on the weekends.
- Have an interest in mentoring training more junior and entry level Vet nurses.
- Have an enthusiastic and outgoing personality, and enjoy learning and taking on feedback proactively.
- Enjoy the fast pace nature of emergency veterinary nursing work.
- Have an excellent phone manner and high level customer service and communication skills.
- Be committed to high standards of patient care.
- Have experience using RxWorks (desire but not essential).
What can we give you?
- Above award competitive remuneration (commensurate with experience) – with regular reviews for those Vet Nurses performing at a high standard.
- A supportive, friendly, and welcoming team environment, who enjoy a laugh throughout the work day, although at the same time work hard and collaboratively as a team unit.
- Exposure to a varied caseload of GP and Emergency/ICU presentations that will allow you to further professionally develop yourself as a competent Emergency/ICU/GP Veterinary Nurse.
- Exposure to training and mentoring more junior level staff members.
- A supportive and structured Management Team who support career development and growth.
For further information, please contact Sam Whatley on (07) 5646 4079 or firstname.lastname@example.org