Consultant: Carissa Still
Job Status: Permanent / Part Time
Our emergency centre services 30 + referring clinics in the south west Sydney region. Established in 1983, we are committed to providing high quality health care for family pets.
All our staff are well-trained, hard-working, dynamic and dedicated. We are motivated to provide the highest quality care to pets and pet parents. Continuing education ensures that we stay up-to-date with the latest advances in veterinary medicine and all aspects of pet care.
Our facilities include advanced diagnostic equipment such as REM Vetscan VS2, HM5, iStat, Vue, digital radiology, dental radiology, ultrasound, endoscopy, doppler blood pressure and pulse oximetry.
We require a passionate Emergency Veterinarian who practices elevated level, evidence-based medicine, who is able to effectively problem solve in a fast-paced environment and remains calm and positive in the face of pressure. The position is part-time to cover Tuesdays and Wednesdays, plus every second Saturday overnight shifts of 12 hours. There is also a monthly Saturday overnight shift of 12 hours available for the same or another applicant, as well as occasional shifts for holiday cover.
What’s on offer?
- Generous remuneration, commensurate with experience
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose built veterinary training facilities
- Continuing education allowance and 1-week pro rata study leave
- Practice VIN, CVE, Vet Education & AVA membership
- 5 weeks pro rata Paid Holiday Leave
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals
- Assure – Employee Assistance Program
- Endless opportunity with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Veterinarian
- A commitment to provide exceptional patient care
- An ability to sole charge and treat many different emergencies confidently.
- Exceptional client relationship building skills
- Emergency experience is desirable but very experienced general practitioners will be considered
We believe that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centre – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors.
We empower Lead Vets and Practice Managers to run their clinics the way they see fit, providing admin support where needed. We don’t re-brand our clinics. We empower our Graduates to achieve their goals through mentoring, internships and hands on workshops. We empower our Nurses to support their teams through upskilling and team consulting. Our scale allows us to ensure our clinics are well equipped and maintained, but we still want each individual clinic to have their own personality in their communities. Our Wellness Program allows you to teach your clients about preventative healthcare and build lasting relationships.