Consultant: Ashley Nichol
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Our clinic is one of the leading veterinary clinics in Wellington, New Zealand. Currently we have a residency trained (fellowship credentialled) Veterinarian running the referral surgical service, an in-house feline medicine specialist, with visiting imaging and dermatology specialists and referral dental services.
We have just moved into our purpose built 400m2 clinic with a spacious ultrasound suite, endoscopy, top end digital radiography, two sterile and one non sterile theatre. We have a solid reputation for top quality service and a strong referral base from clinics throughout Wellington, the Kapiti Coast and Wairarapa.
Our clinic is looking for a Companion Animal Veterinarian to join the clinic in a full-time capacity, working 3.5 days per week plus 1 in 4 weekends and 1 in 8 additional Sundays.
Wellington, and especially the Hutt Valley, is a great place to live with everything available from top quality concerts to world class mountain bike trails, designer label shopping to cheap and intimate eateries; we have it all. Great for bringing up families and earning envy points from your friends stuck in long traffic queues overseas, this is the best capital in the world!
What we can offer you:
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Continuing education allowance and study leave per annum
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals in New Zealand
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
- Sponsorship and a Visa for you and your dependants, if applicable.
- A desire to develop special interests or study for Membership of the ANZCVS or its equivalent will be supported.
What you can offer us:
- A minimum of 3 years practical experience
- Exceptionally high standards of care with a proactive and accountable attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- A great team work ethic and the ability to laugh at oneself occasionally!