Consultant: Ashley Nichol
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Our clinic in Howick is a well-established, fast-paced, companion animal clinic which caters to the Howick, Highland Park, Bucklands Beach, Pakuranga, Whitford and Beachlands areas. The clinic has just had a refresh including the reception area making the clinic look fantastic!
We are currently seeking a full time Client Relations Officer who has experience in customer service and can show a strong understanding of patient management systems and a general understanding of veterinary products. A background in veterinary nursing, animal care or an avid interest in animal welfare would come in handy! As the front-of-house client relations, you will be responsible for delivering an exceptional customer service experience for our clients and patients. This role would be 40 hours per week, plus 1 in 3 Saturdays.
What does the position entail?
- Dealing with accounts payable and debtor management
- Managing and using Veterinary Practice Management software (EzyVet)
- Processing client transactions
- Managing stock
- Understanding promotions and effectively communicating these to our clients.
- Processing client reminders
- Being a confident and engaging first point of contact for our valuable clients
What we are looking for
- Exceptional customer service and client relationship building skills
- An ability to work efficiently, both independently and as part of the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all levels, with energy and drive
- Effective time management and organisation skills.
What can we offer you?
- A great team environment and work culture
- An interesting and diverse job
- Remuneration commensurate with experience
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
We are a group of almost 100 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand. What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager – Vet Services, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors.