Consultant: Ashley Nichol
Job Status: Permanent / Part Time
Calling all night owl veterinarians
- Do you find a fast pace of emergency medicine a real hoot?
- Do you enjoy case autonomy?
- Do you like working with a team of qualified and capable nurses?
- Do you enjoy working with a full complement of experienced day vets, including a dedicated hospital vet for management of critical inpatients?
- Do you enjoy completing your own surgeries?
- Do you like the work/life balance that shift work provides?
- Do you like fully paid holidays and personal leave?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, then we want to hear from you!
We are a pillar in the Brisbane Bayside community and we have been caring for the beloved pets of the Brisbane area for more than 40 years. The first of its kind multi-vet practice in the area, this beautiful 24hr Veterinary Hospital set on 3.5 acres was built from the ground up, down to the last detail. We have a wonderful, caring team of more than 20 vets, 30 nurses and 4 dedicated customer care professionals and an administrative support team who work together to care for our patients 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year.
Working with us as a Veterinarian will get you the competitive salary, benefits, collegiality and resourcing of a large, multi-site or corporate practice while maintaining the wonderful feeling of a tight-knit locally owned practice. It goes without saying that we have all the tools and equipment you need to do your job as well- including ventilators, IDEXX suite of in-house labs etc. etc.
This job really is having your cake and eating it too!
What we are looking for:
- The right team fit first and foremost.
- A keen interest in Emergency medicine & surgery.
- Availability to do 2-3 night shifts a week, can also offer some General Practice day shift if needed.
- A flexible, open and communicative attitude.
- A desire to work as part of a cohesive team to deliver the best in patient care.
The position requires working shifts from 8pm-8am, sole charge supported by 2 nurses from 10pm-6am. The practice is staffed with other vets until 10pm and from 6am.
We would love to talk to you if you’re thinking about growing your career in a thriving friendly practice dedicated to team development, collegiality and best care!
Get in touch with Ashley Nichol if you have any questions about the position or even just an introduction to see how this might work for you!